BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

What position is your new GT handlebars set in?

• All the way down (Sporty)

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • One up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two up

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • 4th position from high

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Set high (Sit up and Beg!)

Votes: 22 51.2%

K1200 GT adjustable Handle Bar position

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  messenger13 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.
I was just interested in what position most riders have their new K1200GT handle bar adjusted to.
I ride with mine down all the way, as I prefer the sportier position.
Where do you have yours set?

Best wishes.

Ken.

#5 ·
Looking for Lower

Currently riding with the bar midway so that I can get my head in somewhat clear air. Started off with the bar and seat in the low position and loved the way it handled and felt but the buffeting was too much. My preference will be to lower the bar back down once I get the noise issue taken care of.
Bill

#8 ·
Can I change my "all the way up" answer.

I moved mine last night to one notch from all the way down. This is more comfortable for me. It may seem strange, but I seem to have better posture this way, and better front tire feel.

Brian

#9 ·
bnblazer said:
Can I change my "all the way up" answer.

I moved mine last night to one notch from all the way down. This is more comfortable for me. It may seem strange, but I seem to have better posture this way, and better front tire feel.
No you may not! Until you wise up and move them all the way down, we still sticking you with the RT-riding wannabes! :D :D :D

#10 ·
Riding Position

I think the more forward riding position with the low bars lends its self to a curved spine, and more natural position There was a long discussion on the old I-BMW list (precurser of this site) re the name of this position (? YODA ?) and benefits for relaxed riding (barring any age or injury related conditions for the individual).
I certainly prefer the forward position, and I'm not a sport rider in the slightest. (Skills wise anyway!)
I started this poll as I was interested in the actual body position of the rider probably dictating the riding style of the machine. Hence is the GT more a Sport Tourer, or a Tourer with sporty pretensions. Semantics I know, but I'm on my lunch brake at work!!!
Best wishes.

Ken.

#12 ·
messenger13 said:
No you may not! Until you wise up and move them all the way down, we still sticking you with the RT-riding wannabes! :D :D :D
OK - I put them down the last notch. Next you will be telling me that I need to be driving an ST1300.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.