BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Question to 2007/2008 KGT Owners.
My 2007 KGT shutters / hesitates very briefly when I am under fairly hard exceleration.
This happens especially when going up steeper hills. My dealership service dept.told me that there is a software upgrade that "may" fix this.
Has anyone else out there experienced this problem.?
Any wisdom would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
On mine, under hard acceleration, I will sometimes feel a sensation, not really of hesitation, but like a couple power pulses, where it feels like it sort of pushes just a bit harder, just a couple times that last just a fraction of a second. Maybe it really is cutting out and what I feel is the power coming back on immediately after the cut out? It's a weird sensation but nothing I'm too concerned about.

Gilly

·
Registered
97 Posts
mpeters said:
A Question to 2007/2008 KGT Owners.
My 2007 KGT shutters / hesitates very briefly when I am under fairly hard exceleration.
This happens especially when going up steeper hills. My dealership service dept.told me that there is a software upgrade that "may" fix this.
Has anyone else out there experienced this problem.?
Any wisdom would be appreciated.
I had exactly the problem you described, and the dealer fixed it with a software update. 2008 K1200GT.

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
I have an '07 and have never felt what you described. When it was new I had the hesitation at about 3000rpm that we all talked about, but I never did anything about it. A month ago was the first time my bike's software has been updated, and I don't feel any difference, although the 3000rpm hesitation seems to be gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts