BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy to the forum. I have a 2004 K1200RS, my first BMW. Love it! Some of my instrument lights no longer work. How do I gain access to them? Any suggestions of replacement bulbs? Any guidance will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Not too difficult, just need access to the back of the instrument cluster. Good time to change the color if desired, I used blue bulbs.

From the service manual

White Motor vehicle Black Font Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Remove the windshield, windshield holder covers (two silver covers T25 4-screws, remove two lower windshield holders, a little tricky (phillips screw and rotate the L-shape holder sideways towards the center on the bike). Then remove the entire front cowling. Once the cowling is removed it pretty straight forward BUT the dash should be loosened to rotate forward for simplicity to remove the bulbs. I just replaced mine last week with yellow/amber LED bulbs from Amazon....really nice in the daytime too. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09SHRPZDR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 I originally installed the blue ones but they were very hard to see the dash numbers, the yellow really pop!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts