BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am fitting a Givi E55 Top Box to my K12GT and also the light kit (E112).
The Light kit comes with 2 wires - Blue and Black.
Does anyone know which these should go to on the wires to the rear light bulb ?
Alternatively, which is the brake light wire and which the Tail Light on the bike ?

Any help is much appreciated

:confused:

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
If you are talking about the led strip - NO DON'T DO THAT!

All electronics are polarity sensitive. Sometimes they make them foolproff for idiots that want to try polarity 'the other way around' but sometimes they just go 'POP'.

Don't they supply a wiring diagram with the kit?

Check with Givi which color is ground and which goes to the hot side of the brake light. Make exra sure with a multimeter, they cost a lot less than what you paid for the Givi kit!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help.
In the end I took the rear bulb from the holder and by a process of elimination (taking each of the wires off in turn and trying the brakes to see when the brake light didnt work) I worked it out. Canbus seems ok at mo - and sent bike into BMW for a 12,000m service and an annual service - where they do full diagnostics - with no comment from them whatsoever.

Lights quite bright on Givi E55 - so well worth the hassle.

Woodsie :boom:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Woodsie said:
Thanks for the help.
In the end I took the rear bulb from the holder and by a process of elimination (taking each of the wires off in turn and trying the brakes to see when the brake light didnt work) I worked it out. Canbus seems ok at mo - and sent bike into BMW for a 12,000m service and an annual service - where they do full diagnostics - with no comment from them whatsoever.

Lights quite bright on Givi E55 - so well worth the hassle.

Woodsie :boom:
Gidday mate,

so which color is it on the givi and onto the bike?

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts