BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K1200GT 2003 Side Stand Lean - the angle of the lean frightens me some times. There are times on level ground that it seams like it is ready fall over. I have added a Wunderlich side stand enlargement plate with spikes. It has never rolled over but there are times it just does not look right to me. Any comment or thoughts on this? How are yours leaning. Also I use the center stand almost always 99.9% - but you got to get off to use the center stand.

·
Registered
34 Posts
K1200GT 2003 Side Stand Lean - the angle of the lean frightens me some times. There are times on level ground that it seams like it is ready fall over. I have added a Wunderlich side stand enlargement plate with spikes. It has never rolled over but there are times it just does not look right to me. Any comment or thoughts on this? How are yours leaning. Also I use the center stand almost always 99.9% - but you got to get off to use the center stand.
I'm not sure in the differences between K1200RS and K1200GT but my K1200RS I am not happy to use the sidestand at all - the bike is way too upright for my liking - to the point where a light breeze would have it over....

I'm planning on a cut and shut job on the sidestand to allow a little more lean

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where did you find the side stand enlarger? I’ve looked all over for them..

Nevermind. The search button on the top of the wunderlichamerica site will find it..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Share your pain

My 08 has the same problem. I bought replacement parts and upon further investigation I now realize the problem is the collar bushes but also the space in the side is to big and must have shims to take up the slop. On the fix list

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ground down the stop

I got advice to simply grind down the stop to allow the side stand to travel further. It worked really well. Also I added a foot enlarger to the bottom of the side stand. Feel much better leaving it on the side stand now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts