BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get rid of leg and knee pain on long rides with highway pegs developed for these great sport touring bikes! I have a limited supply on hand. I am a fellow rider and first made these in 2012, Tom Sweda first posted about them in 2013.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I bought a pair almost 2 years ago. Does wonders for the knees.

Attachments

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
I bought a pair almost 2 years ago. Does wonders for the knees.
I purchased a set when he first made them, and they have really kept me riding longer than I had planned. i am 84 and have had two total knee replacements in one knee. After two hours on the bike, the pegs are sorely needed. Whenever i am on a long stretch of highway, my feet are planted on the pegs.
This is a ringing endorsement and i have no interest in the manufacturer of the product. I had thought that they were no longer made as they are expensive. I believe i paid $350 plus for them.
Better than drilling holes in the side panels.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I paid $350.00 for my set. They make a big difference as the distance between the foot pegs and the highway pegs is about 10". I also have the Suburban Machinery lowering pegs on my bike. He sent me a diagram on how to modify the lowering pegs so they fit with the highway pegs. I think they only fit the '06 and up K12GT/K13GT bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recently bought highway pegs for GT

I just bought a set of these highway pegs from Ken Estrada. $350 plus $18 shipping. I have not installed them yet but I look forward to them. 2007 K1200GT. Here is his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/EstradaDesignVentures/?__tn__=,d,P-R&eid=ARC4A4VifLGbU2Wt8b_mMnIltw6-JlAQarRPPRKVkUdMMrANEJIVqs64zwXJPgyDuKmyT9y8qDYucB78

You may have to modify the drivers peg mount if you use lowers. Photos are from his page except showing my pegs with lowering brackets.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought a pair from Ken for my 09 K1300GT. Took all of 5 min to install. Did have to adjust the shift lever down a bit as it hit the bracket when I upshifted. All in all, I love them. Look great, easy to opperate, and an extra spot for my legs to stretch out a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got mine a couple of months ago. I had to lower the gear shifter a bit so that my upshifts don't bang into the bracket (I had raised the shifter a bit which I found more comfortable). Overall I'm very satisfied, they give me a nice alternate position so I can stretch my knees out a bit.

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
I have one of Ken's original 1st generation for my K1300GT, for many years. This weekend, My right peg fell off. I recovered it, but lost the scre and spring if there was one. Does anyone know what size screw goes into the peg? I emailed Ken, but he is currently AWOL. I cannot get under my bike to check the other side.

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Ken got in touch with me and he asked me to remove both sides and ship back to him for refurbishment. Will do as soon as the riding season is over (Thanksgiving)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts