BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Sorry about my English.
We are repairing a BMW K1200GT. it have 'Heating Fuel Tank Failure' problem. Heating Fuel part dosnt work!
is anybody know, why the Heating Fuel part dosnt work and how we can repair it to work again? Sometime it works, sometime it dosnt work.

We used a software name is AM to test and failure code is 'B2332 - Heating Fuel Tank Failure'.

if you know solution of this problem, let me know please.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Sorry I don't understand. Can you take a picture of the part that is not working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm talking about Fuel Gauge. its shows you how much fuel you have in fuel tank.
it dosnt work!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes the fuel gauge. Now I understand. This is a common failure on the K1200GT and other BMW bikes.

A fuel strip located in the tank measures fuel level and it frequently fails.

While some people have been able to "fix" the problem by applying electrical energy to the strip, most have had to buy a new strip and install it in the tank.

Here is a link to a discussion of this problem, good luck: http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32034&highlight=fuel+strip

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
In the USA, BMW extended the warranty on the fuel strips to 12 years. The BMW dealer will replace it at no charge until at least 2017 or later.

If there is a BMW motorcycle dealer in Istanbul, or you have access to a BMW motorcycle dealer in a nearby country, you might ask them if the extended warranty applies to your K1200GT also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts