BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Wow! Aside from feelings of inadequacy for being scooped twice on the K1200GT (pictures and now prices), this looks very interesting. I'd like to know where you got it, but understand if you are reluctant to share (sources are sources, right?)

It appears that the base price is right in line with the R1200RT - exactly the same. I'd have to go to my spec sheet, but those options look almost the same as the options for the R1200RT. Same for the Accessories. But that could be because they share so many of them (i.e., topcase, alarm, navigator II, etc...). And based on the earlier estimate of $19000-$21000, assuming the right combination of options, that looks about right.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Seems like features that were standard on the 2005 are now options. It's going to add up in a hurry. The only option I paid for on my bike was a passenger backrest. All the rest - cruise, heated seat etc were standard.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
If it works anything like they did it with the K1200LT, bikes coming to the US will have a set of "option packages" that will be on every bike sent over here, unless the buyer specifies a bike without those options.

For example, the K1200LT has a "convenience option package" that includes the alarm, central locking system (key fob locks all compartments), and the floor lighting. I also know that most dealers would order them loaded with everything except the intercom and navigation system as a baseline.

I can see the same thing here, where the K1200GT comes as a base US model with heated seats, heated grips, cruise control, on board computer with oil level warning, and radio prep. ESA, radio, and alarm would be options that could be ordered.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Radio Prep on the R1200RT is for the wiring harness, antenna, and installation at the factory. The Radio Option is the BMW radio, button panel, speakers, and handlebar controls.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I was under the impression from BMW's info that a HID headlight would be an option. I think this is a price list for a RT...

·
Registered
300 Posts
My 04GT is looking better all the time.

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
lytnin said:
My 04GT is looking better all the time.
Prediction:
Five years from now, an '04 GT will have the same resale value as an '06.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I think that once you guys get to see, touch, and ride a new GT..well I don't want to bust anyones bubble.. I remember all the talk when the K1200RS came out ..Oh the K11RS is so much better, why would anyone spend Sooo much for the K12.. blah blah blah, same wringing of the hands when the S came out ... Yes the GT costs too much, yes it doesn't look like an Brick GT.. But I'll bet one ride and there's gonna be some older GT's for sale :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's to make a glove box of sort if you don't get the stereo.My wife has one on her 1150RT instead of the stereo.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would have thought the same,it was already on the wifes RT,maybe they charged for it,I'm not sure.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It is made to be easy to remove so things that find their way to the bottom can be retrieved by dumping the bag, yes it is soft sided, out. Same item is used on the R1200RT. If you don't opt for this then the radio compartment is not removable so any small item that gets to the bottom is likely to stay there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts