BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I am, I CAN'T get full coverage insurance! No insurance company would cover ANY bike here in Kuwait except for liability! I am thinking of installing an alarm system but unfortunately googling did not do me any good. I heard about an alarm system where it sounds a quiet siren if someone approach the bike and the siren would go higher and higher as the person keep approaching the bike. Is there such an alarm system? is it BMW OEM equipment? any URL for such beast?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Like like this alarm system?

You can add a proximity alarm to it. I placed mine on top of the airbox with Velcro. Works pretty well to inform those nearby the bike and will inform me via their Fob as well.

I stuck the main unit inside the left plastic bulge (Velcro again) above the left saddlebag. There is a very small water drain hole in the rear tail-section where you can thread the antenna wire out of and between the two rear finder flaps. I hooked the "tail-light" wire off the alarm into two LED aux. light pods from Cycle-Gear instead of the tail-lights or flashers that might upset the CAN-BUS system.

Works far better than the stock BMW alarm with two-way control and proximity, imho.

Mack

·
Registered
135 Posts
+1 on the Scorpion alarm!

Took about an hour to install as I've very anal retentive wrt wiring, but seems to work well.

Of course, it's always <interesting> when people tell me the bike was barking at them when I get back to a parking space. I know where I set the prox sensor and yep - that means they were getting a close enough look at the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts