Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Product Tread Font Tire

Brown Wood Dishware Headgear Beige

Circle Metal Gas Font Fashion accessory

Wood Material property Circle Beige Metal

Hi guys

Hopefully I am posting in the correct category.

I am doing the rear main seal and clutch replacement of my K1200LT 2003.
Firstly, I was wondering if it’s necessary to change the clutch cover? Mine had some head and friction marks. See attached foto.
Second, a friend of mine has a brand new clutch cover that can be installed on K100 - K1100 - K1200 (21212333472 ). Was wondering if I can use that one. I compare both next to each other and they have same diameter, same depth and same fixing holes.

P.S: Tills.de has the specific clutch cover 21212333472 that can also be installed on a K1200LT

Anybody can help will be really appreciated

·
Super Moderator
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,481 Posts
Put your clutch cover number in the search engine for MAX BMW and it will show what bikes it will fit.

If your cover is flat (not dished from heat warp it should be just fine. I see a little blue but not much. I would be tempted to give it a good sanding, find a good metal rule that is straight on its edge and check for any dishing across the whole inside machined surface.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put your clutch cover number in the search engine for MAX BMW and it will show what bikes it will fit.

If your cover is flat (not dished from heat warp it should be just fine. I see a little blue but not much. I would be tempted to give it a good sanding, find a good metal rule that is straight on its edge and check for any dishing across the whole inside machined surface.
Thanks for the reply.

The only difference between the two is the weight. Factory LT's clutch cover is much heavier than the 21212333472 and this was made on purpose in order to reduce the engine vibrations. Technically we can use the 21212333472 clutch cover on LTs but most probably will have more vibrations than the stock OEM.

So i am going with the LTs one!

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts