BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Cruise control on my 2000 K1200LT started kicking out with a harsh bump in road. It was usually immediately deployable again but then it would not engage at all. I went through the test procedure. Everything checked out except the the rear wheel brake pedal switch test. The "SET" light on the dash goes out after 5 seconds of depressing the pedal, but does not come back on after I release the the brake. And the the "SET" light does not go off and on when I spin the rear wheel. It's just off. I could just invest in another micro switch for the rear wheel brake but I feel it's unlikely that this is the problem since the switch works fine for activating the brake lights. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine acted the same way. Check the micrswitch at the rear pedal. My switch body rotated very slightly on the screw but it was enough to trip the switch when a bump was hit. I wedged a splinter of wood beteen the switch and the casting so it could no longer rotate and the problem never occurred again.

Good luck, ride safe!

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Cruise control on my 2000 K1200LT started kicking out with a harsh bump in road. It was usually immediately deployable again but then it would not engage at all. I went through the test procedure. Everything checked out except the the rear wheel brake pedal switch test. The "SET" light on the dash goes out after 5 seconds of depressing the pedal, but does not come back on after I release the the brake. And the the "SET" light does not go off and on when I spin the rear wheel. It's just off. I could just invest in another micro switch for the rear wheel brake but I feel it's unlikely that this is the problem since the switch works fine for activating the brake lights. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks
Don't know if you got this sorted or not... but have you tried putting some WD40 or other water dispeller around the switch? If its not disengaging it could just be there's crud in there fouling it. You should hear a distinct "click" when pressing the pedal, and another "click" when it releases... put some spray on there and work it a bit... I know that's fixed similar issue for others when all else passes the test but rear pedal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts