BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find mention of one in old posts, and google didn't find me one either. Just curious if it exists out there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The service manuals are on CD and could be put on web page some where but I'm not sure how BMW would react or even if the manuals have a copyright.
At any rate the price is $135.00.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The service manual would certainly be a +1, I'd be happy with the owners manual at this point. When I got my bike the guy didn't have it. I've got buttons that I have no idea what they are for.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you don't find any electronic copy, PM me with picture and your e-mail, I can copy it and scan it in for you.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
are you talking about the "owners manual" or service repair manual. all of the features on your bike should be covered in the owners manual. a service repair manual is alot different and cover service, repair, and technical info.

·
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.
2,029 Posts
davidvthokie said:
I couldn't find mention of one in old posts, and google didn't find me one either. Just curious if it exists out there.
The "owners maual" or the "shop manual CD" ????????????

·
Registered
54 Posts
At least the owners manual should be made available free online in a PDF form or something..... I've searched the sites, and the web... cannot find one. Anyone know of another resource to try? Has anyone by chance found this yet?

·
Registered
54 Posts
RepROM

ah ha! I have found something very valuable to me therefore potentially valuable to another, so I felt I must post it.

After many google searches, I came across a program called RepROM which to my understanding is the program used to "guide" actual BMW service tech's thru the various repair jobs on our bikes.... Well, I acquired the K1200R version (2005-2007 models) and its awesome. Has an entire archive of information/repair data for my K12R.

Attached are some pics of the interface of the program. I paid $10 for this on TradeBit. The download was approx. 200mb.

Let me know if anyone is interested in this, I can always host it on my website for download.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes please do

Let me know if anyone is interested in this, I can always host it on my website for download.

I would be very interested in this download. Nice job.

·
Registered
54 Posts
To Download RepROM

Just to be a little cautious with posting a link for the public and exposing this 200mb file to anyone and everyone and paying for the bandwidth, I'll give a link to anyone who wants it thru PM. Just PM me and I'll shoot you a link.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just bumping this thread one time, I've got a lot of people interested in the download and have posted the link to them via PM.. Just let me know if anyone else wants this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ecapuano said:
After many google searches, I came across a program called RepROM which to my understanding is the program used to "guide" actual BMW service tech's thru the various repair jobs on our bikes.... Well, I acquired the K1200R version (2005-2007 models) and its awesome. Has an entire archive of information/repair data for my K12R.
I downloaded the latest from tradebit, now it's $20, but I can't get windows to open the .nrg file. Any suggestions?

J

·
Registered
51 Posts
A nrg is a nero CD rom image. There are utilities to convert this to an .iso file or burn it to cd.

Depending on your choice you can then a) run it from cd or b) mount the image like a cdrom using magicdisk/magiciso or c) extract the gazillion files out of it to your hdd.

"a" seems the most easy if you can, b) a second choice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts