BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have run a 190 on the rear of my K12rs. did not make the world a better place.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Some 190’s fit and others won’t. I have a new 180 Michelin PR5 fitted on my 5.5 inch rim and it’s tight. I either have to deflate the tire or remove the rotor to get the wheel in. I could force it but risk damaging the rim on the teeth of the ABS ring. Another option is to remove the exhaust but I’m not going there.
IMHO there is no benefit to a 190 on a 5.5 inch rim. And that’s if you have the 5.5 as many K12RS’s were sold with 5.0 rims and 170 tires as stock. The 190 tire width when inflated, even if it did fit nicely is too wide for the rim. Stability on high speed corners is compromised as the tire wall is not as well supported on the narrower rim. You will also find cornering is a tad slower when pushed to the bikes limit (track environment) although most riders on the street possibly won’t notice the difference. However add a pillion and luggage and I suspect the wider tire will affect cornering stability more noticeably. As Mikek said, won’t make the world a better place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys after what you said I think I'll give it a miss it really dosent seem worth all the hassle 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts