BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New member from Norway. Had BMWs since 2007, but only boxers, so yesterday i bought my first "flying brick". Supersmooth engine, and torquy! Some Cruisecontrol issues i have to fix, but i found good help on the forum, so i'm optimistic on getting it fixed...
However, it was rather windy in the pilot seat... I'm used to R1100RT and was sort on thinking this would be similar.

I see that the K1200GT has some additional wind protection for arms and legs. Can they also be fitted to K1200RS ?
Secondly, are there any aftermarket alternatives or will i need to purchase these from BMW.

Appreciate any help or comments

Werner

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, the plastic fairing extensions and the rubber leg extensions are "bolt-on" parts for the RS, but I think you will have to drill mounting holes in your fairing sides to fit the black rubber deflectors...not sure they are worth that much effort. The "hand protector" upper extensions may only require longer screws. You will see lots of pictures of RS bikes with them mounted, you can tell because the deflector parts are usually OEM black against whatever color the RS model is.

·
Registered
518 Posts
AFAIK, they're still available from BMW. However, take a seat before looking at the prices. And, no, they don't show up often in boneyards (the ones that do have ...um... marked cosmetic defects) or auction sites.

See Max BMW's parts list for the scary details. One interesting change, the leg guards are now one piece per instead of an upper and lower part per side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts