BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow K12oo riders,
I have just this fall acquired my first BMW, a K1200RS from 2006 and is very happy about the way it manages itself on all sorts of roads, but .... some weeks back the ABS warning lights start flashing after a 5 hour ride so probably not a battery low voltage issue.
Having searched the web I have only found reset procedures for K1200 RS up to 2003. Does anyone have had a similar issue and how did you fix it?

Messer

·
Registered
55 Posts
The manual says check break fluid levels and it’s not cheap if your bike still make the wine noise when you turn the key on it could be just low on fluid
mine started about a month ago

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
430 Posts
There are 4 places to check brake fluid levels, the front handle bar lever of course, the rear brake reservoir , then the two wheel reservoirs on the abs unit under the gas tank. Then you may need to see if a sensor is in trouble via worn wire or other damage. Do a search using the advanced search opened by clicking on the three vertical buttons to the right on the menu bar at the top. Your bike has the Servo ABS system that can be problems. That subject would be another good search and you will be deep into it. If in the end you do have a failed ABS pump unit. many people just by pass it via pipe plumbing. There is much to learn. I'll not hit on all negative points at this time as it may be simply low fluid or worn wire. Buy a Clymers service manual from Amazon to help you but this will not go into the depths of the problem. People here will do that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
with a new battery - & fluids all topped off - you should be able to turn key off & it should reset.. if not - you need a gs911 - to look at codes & or reset.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I always wonder about the flash sequence first?Anything else is a guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts