BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo,
does anyone know if the Eur specs for the K1200RS HP 100?
tnx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Beech,
I checked the vin# online and it seems it's Eur. I guess it's 97hp.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hallo,
does anyone know if the Eur specs for the K1200RS HP 100?
tnx
Other than checking with VIN for factory options when delivered, you have another fairly easy check for K1200RS (any years):

- between airbox and trottle-bodies, the 100 HP restricted version have different rubber intake stubs. The full 130HP have the wider / larger intake stubs - the 100HP have restricted diameter tubes (See attached photo...)
This is much easier to check with left fairing removed - almost impossible to see these intake tubes otherwise.

In additon to restricted intake tubes, the 100HP version has a Yellow Relay in electrical junction box under fuel-tank. Internally this Relay is basically just a jumper wire to activate a different fuel map in Motronic ECU. Of course this is NOT easy to check quickly compare to the 4 rubber intake stubs.

Reactions: Beech

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
406 Posts
So, I think if you reverse the intake rubbers to the USA ones, and pull the Yellow jumper relay you may see some serious results! good luck. When you change out the intake rubbers be sure the clamps do not interfere with the fuel rack rotation. Please come back to us with your thoughts and actions/results. Parts are on sale at MAX bmw for 15% off to the end of the month.
Use discount code 15OCT
(it is not an easy job to change out those rubbers, Clymers or a Factory DVD service manual will help)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much for your support.
Based in Ethiopia, getting parts is quite hard, but I'll try and let you know.
I also got a BMW F650GS Dakar. The former owner couldn't start it and sold it to me. Tried to start it and noticed at the exhaust, there's a suction. I think the exhaust valve is stuck open or I don't know if these models have a decompression system which I don't know how it could operate, but the exhaust is pulling and pushing.

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
406 Posts
No decompression system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry if I got you confused, but I was asking about the F650gs Dakar decomp system and found out that they have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts