BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just bought an 02 K12rs. I recently owned Ducatis and the BMW was an eye opener!

Question on the bike. I and have noticed that when the bike first starts the dash brake light comes on. I was told it was the anti-locks. Once underway the light goes out and the brakes work as they are suppose to. Anyone have a clue what this could be?

Dave

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re:

Yes, please don't touch anything on the brake system! Yours is working correctly. Alot don't after doing work on the brake system. The lights are a check to show it's working like your oil pressure and low gas lights. As the wheels turn a few times if all is well, the lights go out. It's normal and works be happy!
Welcome, :) Dickey

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
All is fine, but there is something you don't want to do: Turning the ignition on and starting the bike as you are holding the brake. Then the lights will flash.You may then only have the residual braking , which reminds me that I should go and retest that last one. Sometimes make for getting going downhill.....interesting! :teeth

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies. I will leave it alone! The bike is amazing and I don't want to mess it up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a 03 RS and it is really an amazing bike. I was told by the previous owner about the brake lights, and all is well with your bike. Make sure you bleed the brakes as directed by the owners manual and you will have a smile upon your face as you ride your new bike!

·
Registered
19 Posts
davek12s, Nice to hear that you are enjoying your new ride, I love mine!, a little off subject, but can you elaborate on what it is you like about the BMW, more or less than the Ducati?, Thanks.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Davek12rs

Please find the BMW Riders manual and maintenance instructions booklets.

these can be found on line.

they will be of great help to you and the bike.

wellcome to the right side of motorcyling.

Happy Motoring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts