BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know, most cant condone such behaviour. However I did many fat burnouts with my 99 RS. However I have an 02 now with the servo linked brakes. When I decide to put new tires on, I figured I might light up the rear end a little. Has anyone done a burnout with the linked brakes of an 02? How well does it break loose with the brake calipers on.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
cali_beemer said:
Okay, I know, most cant condone such behaviour. However I did many fat burnouts with my 99 RS. However I have an 02 now with the servo linked brakes. When I decide to put new tires on, I figured I might light up the rear end a little. Has anyone done a burnout with the linked brakes of an 02? How well does it break loose with the brake calipers on.
1.squeeze front brake 2. turn on and start bike 3. rev the shit out of it. 4. drop the clutch 5.press left go counter clockwise 6. press right go clockwise...get all that crap of the sides of the tires too.....throw some bleach on the asphalt and you really have a show plus it will spin easier.... :teeth

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...LOL, I know HOW to do a burnout. Sounds like a good way to warp a rotor to me but I amnot sure how much friction is actually generated on the rear caliper form the linked system.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
cali_beemer said:
Thanks...LOL, I know HOW to do a burnout. Sounds like a good way to warp a rotor to me but I amnot sure how much friction is actually generated on the rear caliper form the linked system.
By applying the frt. brake before you turn on and start the bike the rear brake is disabled

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BAK04GT said:
By applying the frt. brake before you turn on and start the bike the rear brake is disabled

Cool, thanks for the tip! Thats exactly ehat I was looking for. Now in just a few thousand more miles or so it will be time to light it up.......... :clap:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm so lost for words I don't know where to begin! So I will be brief. Just don't F_ _ K with a beautiful motorcycle and give some unsuspecting future owner a heart ache of problems....Engine/gearbox/clutch/slave seals all pop into mind.... Might be wrong though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice pics ther Rickd..... I love a nice K1200RS burnout. I didn many with my 99 RS. I might have to burn off the last few miles of the back tire when the time comes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts