BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A friend of mine has a k1200rs, 99'.

Anyway, his clutch slips in 6th. It is hydraulically actioned. As far as I know, there is no adjustment to it, and a proper flush should do, right? I was thinking of first flushing it and see if it slips again, and if it does, I will replace it. I have no experience in wrenching k bikes, but I do pretty well on boxers. I have changed the clutch on my 1100 GS and from looking in the manual, it is ~ the same.

The ABS is not working at all, I will see about that later, but I was thinking about resetting it as a first, and checking the space between the sensors and the rings. I would really appreciate if someone could post a link on how I can do this on this bike(resetting).

Any other opinions and suggestions on this are welcome. I will start working on this bike first thing tommorrow morning.

Thanks,
Dan.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
There's plenty here if you search for clutch and seals. From what you say you are going to have to do a teardown to replace an oiled clutch, oil seals and a clutch slave cylinder. Flushing should make no difference if there is slip and the hydraulics aren't being operated.

Before messing with resets for the ABS and risking some accidental damage, I'd be tempted to get a dealer to tell you what fault codes have been stored first.

First thing your friend needs is the Clymer shop manual for the bike. Whatever your previous experience, don't make assumptions without first checking the manual. I wouldn't go the other way and work on a GS or a boxer without reading first. But you probably have a starting edge in BMW practice - like heat shrinking bearings and Loctite!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts