BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the site and own a k1200rs with ohlins suspension : D . I have researched a few aftermarket exhausts for my bike but my findinigs are quite pathetic.. . i want to get rid of my "sewing machine" exhaust sound and have something more aggressive. could someone point me to a website to look for a decently priced and equiped exhaust.. what are some good brands? Thanks!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
exhaust

most people buy remus or staintune. both require headers to be replaced. i think both solutions are over $1000, and dont represent much bang for buck. i'm thinking about gutting my stock pipe for some noise. just afraid, not sure of ramifications.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Justinloth said:
I found this website and it has an "exhaust" but by the price it seems too good to be true. Is this what I need??? I think the consequences of an aftermarket exhaust are good ones, does anyone think otherwise??

http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/bikes-k1200ltrsgt-c-142_153_157_167.html

$561 sure doesn't seem like a bad price if it were true :)

That $561 appears to be for the canister only. If you go aftermarket, any aftermarket
brand, you gotta buy the entire system. The Stock K12RS system is one piece and
you can't buy slip-ons for it.

I have a Remus system, I like it. But to say it added anything other than more noise
would be a huge stretch.

It is considerably lighter, and also a smaller can which helps the heat issue in the left bag.
But more power ??? :rotf: :rotf:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Staintune will give you more noise and it's a pretty sweet sound. But if you want loud, check out Two Brothers. It sounds awesome, and is quite a bit louder than Remus or Staintune.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't recall the price, but I am running a 2 Brothers complete system on my GT. The sound is spectacular, weighs in about 17 pounds less than the stock setup and claimed horsepower increase of around 15.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ehaust system

I have a Remus Titanium system on my2002 K1200RS.

I would accept a stock exhaust system on trade for it. Price TBD.

If you have a stock exhaust and you want to sell it, I might be interested. must be cosmetically excellent.

I want that sewing machine sound.<G>
[email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
canister only?

My bike has a canister welded to the stock header section -- a lighter (no more converter) cheaper piece o cake, and sounds good too. I suggest that you look at this alternative!

FYI mine uses a Leo Vince can -- I'm not sure what sort of bike it came from (I can supply the P/N if needed).

Carry on!
Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Was on a site today, chopper-builders.com, and ran across leo vance racing for '04-05 r/s bikes for $219! Sounds way to cheap, but still wondered if it would fit my '03 GT? It stated slip-on carbon, standard mount. This is in close-outs.
Any help out there with this?

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
pcg said:
Was on a site today, chopper-builders.com, and ran across leo vance racing for '04-05 r/s bikes for $219! Sounds way to cheap, but still wondered if it would fit my '03 GT? It stated slip-on carbon, standard mount. This is in close-outs.
Any help out there with this?
Your bike has a one piece system.

A slip on does you no good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
exhaust

BluBrick said:
I have a Remus Titanium system on my2002 K1200RS.

I would accept a stock exhaust system on trade for it. Price TBD.

If you have a stock exhaust and you want to sell it, I might be interested. must be cosmetically excellent.

I want that sewing machine sound.<G>
[email protected]
I have a stock exhaust, headers and 02 sensor that were taken off my 02 K1200RS when it had very few miles on it, the bike still only has 4600 mile on it to date. I was getting ready to list the exhaust but if you want to shoot me an offer. I can send a picture if you email me.

John Hoffner
[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts