BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 bmw k1200rs
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been riding for 5 months without front brakes. I can't find any front brake line replacement. Where the line goes down and connects to that t that has a single hard line off of it has a hole in it.

Where can I get replacement lines? I can't find any anywhere

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R & 2021 Vespa Primavera clown paint job
669 Posts
OEM parts can be found and ordered here:
Aftermarket teflon lines with braded exterior:
New crush washers are needed to replace old. A clymers service book will help if you don't have one. Then you need to do a careful fluid refill and bleed.

·
Registered
1998 bmw k1200rs
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New crush washers are needed to replace old. A clymers service book will help if you don't have one. Then you need to do a careful fluid refill and bleed.
You saved me so much time thank you so much. I have looked for countless hours for it but no avail. Is it better just to order the upgrade kit? I see some but don't see where it can connect with the abs lines. Or is it best to delete the abs

·
Registered
1998 bmw k1200rs
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They actually don't have this line, which is the one I need

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
05​
34 32 2 332 448​
BRAKE HOSE - ABS​
0.37​
1​
$159.29​
This is from MAX BMW parts fiche. Seems it is available.
BMW Motorcycle Parts | Catalog Parts Online | MAX BMW Motorcycles
You will need some of these too:
09​
07 11 9 963 072​
GASKET RING - A10X13,5-CU​
8​
$0.57​
I have forgotten the torque for the banjo bolts (ones than have the holes that go into the ends of the tubes) but I think it is 22 Nm or about 15 ft/lbs. someone can chip in but this is important. that is why you need a service manual.

·
Registered
669 Posts
What your dealing with is 22 year old rubber hose brake lines that are twice past their life. You will have more problems until you change out all of them. Call Spiegler and inquire as to how to do this. Many failures are internal and just stop fluid movement either way. It can lock up a brake.

·
Registered
1998 bmw k1200rs
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What your dealing with is 22 year old rubber hose brake lines that are twice past their life. You will have more problems until you change out all of them. Call Spiegler and inquire as to how to do this. Many failures are internal and just stop fluid movement either way. It can lock up a brake.
I will make sure it is taken care of. I want to be safe and it's getting nerve wracking just using the rear brakes especially to stop a 650lb motorcycle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts