BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to ride home to Dutchess county NY from Americade. I noticed a stream of fuel leaking from the right side of my K1200rs (2002). Trailered the bike to Heids Hodaka in Johnsburg, NY. They knew right away what it was. Plastic fuel connectors. They replaced them with new ones. (metal) If you haven't replaced yours do it. It is not expensive and you will need them sooner or later. Preventative maintenence beats being stuck on the road.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Bubsyboy said:
I was about to ride home to Dutchess county NY from Americade. I noticed a stream of fuel leaking from the right side of my K1200rs (2002). Trailered the bike to Heids Hodaka in Johnsburg, NY. They knew right away what it was. Plastic fuel connectors. They replaced them with new ones. (metal) If you haven't replaced yours do it. It is not expensive and you will need them sooner or later. Preventative maintenence beats being stuck on the road.
Seriously, the notorious plastic quick-disconnect fuel connectors leaked? I've never heard of that. :spank1:

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
Bubsyboy said:

If there is one thing that everybody buying a K bike should know it is to replace the plastic quick disconnects as soon as possible with metal using Viton O rings and make sure the O rings are always in good condition.

The chatter started several years ago when I did the first research and bought CPC metal replacements from Omega. Now these bikes are older. The plastic QD's have got more brittle, gas formulae has changed and there is still 60 psi fuel pressure behind them. This means you could be riding a flying bomb!

I could be creative and think up a new BMW logo and rewrite that phrase Volare senz' ali to something more cultured and appropriate like:

"Volare igni" :boom:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts