BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I have some Cruise control parts that I want to instal on my BMW K1200RS 1999 and although there is a lot of information online I haven’t figured out how to connect at least two things on my parts. I’m hoping if I add some pictures that there are some out there that can help me figure out if it’s possible for me to install this on the bike.

I have this unit.

what goes in this connector?

Of course I have the switch unit that goes on the handle bar.

I figured out where one connector goes. A simple replacement of the old connector.

But then there is the second connector from the handle bar unit and that one do not fit on the Cruise control unit?

So basically there are two connectors I have no idea where to connect. Please give me some insight if you can.

Hoping for some help. Thank you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
youll need a harness from a cruise bike- then wire it in .
& a clymers book - some connections are diff - its not a plug & play. 98/99 never had cruise. only heated grips & that was rare.
another issue is the throttle bodies off a cruise bike - yes they are diff & twin throttle cables.
should i go on ?
lots of work

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I have some Cruise control parts that I want to instal on my BMW K1200RS 1999 and although there is a lot of information online I haven’t figured out how to connect at least two things on my parts. I’m hoping if I add some pictures that there are some out there that can help me figure out if it’s possible for me to install this on the bike.

I have this unit.
View attachment 28336

what goes in this connector?
View attachment 28337

Of course I have the switch unit that goes on the handle bar.
View attachment 28338

I figured out where one connector goes. A simple replacement of the old connector.
View attachment 28339

But then there is the second connector from the handle bar unit and that one do not fit on the Cruise control unit?
View attachment 28340

So basically there are two connectors I have no idea where to connect. Please give me some insight if you can.

Hoping for some help. Thank you.
I had the same questions a couple of years ago. I did start on the cruise control and it works as a charm on my '97 K1200RS.
The first connector is the input for the cruisecontrol. You need a specific connector to fit in the cruise control module. I used a connector I found on an Opel Omega because they used the same cruise control module.
The second connector looks like the connector from the clutch switch(es).

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts