BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first time post, new owner of an '01 K1200RS.

Got ready to ride to work this morning and noticed my left front signal housing was askew. I grabbed onto it to get a look at it came off in my hand. The little plastic grabber thingys that hold it onto the little posts in the fairing are all kinda whacked out and not doing the grabby thing they're supposed to. I've looked online but can't find a diagram that shows the part and a number so I can order what I need to fix it.

Anybody got a link to a site that clearly shows the part and a PN? or anybody got an idea of how to fix it without resorting to duct tape?

Thanks y'all.

David

·
Registered
86 Posts
Front Indicator pods

Hi all, first time post, new owner of an '01 K1200RS.

Got ready to ride to work this morning and noticed my left front signal housing was askew. I grabbed onto it to get a look at it came off in my hand. The little plastic grabber thingys that hold it onto the little posts in the fairing are all kinda whacked out and not doing the grabby thing they're supposed to. I've looked online but can't find a diagram that shows the part and a number so I can order what I need to fix it.

Anybody got a link to a site that clearly shows the part and a PN? or anybody got an idea of how to fix it without resorting to duct tape?

Thanks y'all.

David
Hi
Have look on the link. I think you can buy the part. Lots of owners have used magnets to get over this problematic design. Do a search on I BMW.

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi
Have look on the link. I think you can buy the part. Lots of owners have used magnets to get over this problematic design. Do a search on I BMW.

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

Mark
I found the post on magnets - seems like a fairly effective way of fixing the issue but surely someone has found a source for the basket clips that were originally used? They work and provided they are pushed on correctly provide a light and effective method of fixing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts