BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 K1200RS that I no longer am riding. It needs a new home. You guys are far more knowledgeable than I’ll ever be about this bike. It has 12,000 miles, but has not been ridden for five years. I have not put any feelers out there. This is the first one. If any of you are looking for a project bike, let me know. Thanks Dale
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Dale. Where are you located ? Are there issues with the bike ? You say "project", so I'm curious as to the condition of the bike. Looks good cosmetically.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dale. Where are you located ? Are there issues with the bike ? You say "project", so I'm curious as to the condition of the bike. Looks good cosmetically.
It’s a project only in the sense that it has been sitting for such a long time. The usual maintenance needed like tires, battery and fluid changes. Some say that various seals would need replacing also. That I don’t know. I sold the bike, so I’m happy that it found a new home. I live just outside of Chicago where it was -10 Fahrenheit this morning. The bike was very good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts