BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a K1200RS 2002. I need a new seat. Any suggestions on brand name's, after market or factory replacement.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If your's is bad or messed up, there are at least two on Ebay right now for less then $100.
Don't fit your butt, I like Russels and Sargents.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Stock seat

I have a stock seat with approx. 20,000 miles on it.

Clean. No rips / marks / tears.

$80. plus shipping from 14303.

Dave O.

The Sargent seat is worth every penny if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
437 Posts
oh, contrare

i bought the sargent before the russel. even rode to jacksonville to their shop for a custom fit. it's a stock seat with purty bells and whistles. if u want comfort, and like all day riding, get a russell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Russell Is Excellent!!

I had Russell rebuild my Seat, and I am extremely pleased/happy with their Product. Russell had a problem splitting the K1200GT heating element for two seperate/distinct seating areas, so I purchased front & rear heating elements from a Salvage K1200LT Seat and had Russell install them in lieu of the K1200GT Heating Elements. This has worked for six years. Quality is excellent.
I originally sent the seat back for one adjustment, and they made the seat fit/feel better. I have had many 600 and one 900 Mile Day, a very comfortable Seat now.
The Price is not cheap, but if you intend to ride many long days and keep the Bike, it is a very good investment. One of the first I would make to fit the Bike to the Rider.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you can get a seat from a K1200GT classic for a reasonable price it would be worth considering. It's a big improvement on the RS seat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts