BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I have a 2008 K1200S. It is retrofitted with a K1300S LED tail light assembly. I performed that job back in 2015-ish and it worked flawlessly.

However, I recently performed the integrated ABS motor repair for the brushes, which works great. I have bled the brakes, but the back still seems a bit soft.

Anyway, the brake light now just blinks on for less than a second, then shuts off, never to come back on. No codes, nada.

I've tried using a volt meter to test the voltage on the bike and it ranges from 11.8x (no lever) to 12.2x (lever on).

Can anyone tell me if this might be due to a lack of enough fluid in the ABS unit or another part of the system?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I doubt it would eb a low fluid issue and not throw a code.
Is there any microswitches on the foot and hand levers?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure the 07 and onward models removed the microswitches from the hand and foot levers. That leaves the i-abs module.

·
Registered
311 Posts
One of the issues that results in a soft pedal after bleeding is the difficulty in bleeding the ABS unit. If you have access to a GS911 diagnostic tool it will do a bleed down test. If not the ReProm DVD describes how to bleed the ABS unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, sure enough, it has microswitches (which makes more sense). Guess I'll be replacing those! Thanks guys. Am out of town until February, but I'll report back when I get it fixed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
you were right they are absent on the k1300 just has one on the clutch lever for starter interlock.

Perhaps its as simple as the splice from the led rear light into the harness id check the first.
Also thers is an adjustment procedure in the DVD manual so its could be a cheap fix.
at least the price is not insane.

But theres a switch for hand and foot so I doubt both failed simultaneously.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was my fault for not checking the Fiche for my bike. I has read another post (too many) that said they were gone after the 06 gen, so I didn't look further. I also can't find my damn repair DVD!

Anyway, switches are on order. I'll do them both just for peace of mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts