BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a laser Duo-tech slip-on, throttlemeisters and a shifter extension from the Pirate on mine and here's my list of future mods. Did I miss any?

- evolutionize race filters
- evolutinize license bracket mod
- high output bulbs
- cf hugger
- mra stock style screen in smoke gray
- clear turn signals(rear) - front when available?
- z-technik cf tank panel
- tag/license frame(not sure which kind at this point...maybe cf)
- rear brake led's

·
Registered
66 Posts
evoluzione clutch slave. You will like it. . . .

Touratech power distribution panel for additional power outlets is nice too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Evoluzione clutch slave

Can you tell me more about it? Did you install it yourself? What differences did you notice?

·
Registered
66 Posts
no, the dealer did it for me before I took delivery. There were bikes on the floor with and without it installed, and I could compare the pulls. The Evoluzione was significantly lighter and according to them smoother as well- certainly my clutch seems very controllable to me. Smooth low speed launches are not a problem. And when I was in a 1/2 mile long, 1 mph construction traffic jam the other day I'm pretty sure my hand would have fallen off without it. . . . Well worth the money, in my opinion. Evoluzione says install is about 1/2 hour, but I didn't really care to find out how much I didn't know about clutch bleeding. :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just installed an Akrapovic this afternoon and I have never had anything have as much impact on power. I really can't see any being better, perhaps as good. Bel has been great thru several bikes and cages. Hella 100w Optilux added speed and safety. AFE air filters are on the way and should help the can.

She pulled the front up thru three on the first test ride. Try Akrapovic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
kkugel said:
no, the dealer did it for me before I took delivery. There were bikes on the floor with and without it installed, and I could compare the pulls. The Evoluzione was significantly lighter and according to them smoother as well- certainly my clutch seems very controllable to me. Smooth low speed launches are not a problem. And when I was in a 1/2 mile long, 1 mph construction traffic jam the other day I'm pretty sure my hand would have fallen off without it. . . . Well worth the money, in my opinion. Evoluzione says install is about 1/2 hour, but I didn't really care to find out how much I didn't know about clutch bleeding. :p
Up until two weeks ago, I was a GoldWing baby. Then, I made a mistake. I listened to my wife, who told me to go with her to the local beemer shop in Roseville, Ca. So, we did. Then I made my second mistake. I got on an S. The result of these two mistakes: Immediately sold the GoldWing, put $7,000 more on the S and rode away, happy ever after! I LOVE THIS MACHINE! But to get more to the point, is Evoluzione a company? Can I order from them? I need a little more help with the clutch, during traffic and lights.

·
Registered
138 Posts
rubbert said:
I just installed an Akrapovic this afternoon and I have never had anything have as much impact on power. I really can't see any being better, perhaps as good. Bel has been great thru several bikes and cages. Hella 100w Optilux added speed and safety. AFE air filters are on the way and should help the can.

She pulled the front up thru three on the first test ride. Try Akrapovic.
Is that the full system or just the end can?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just can, they don't have a full one yet. I've seen a Ti Rhemus being installed. Stock headers are not limiting, mostly can. I feel definite my can was better than the full Rhemus. Once AFEs are in I think 'in and out' will be done as well as one can expect and for not much $.

I played with the stock header and the Rhemus. Rhemus a bit lighter, size (flow) and construction were close enough to make me keep stock. For the difference in $ I can get much more power and performance elsewhere.

I am going to work the heads after letting the increased flow from AFE & can settle in. Don't know how long the ECU relearn will take. BTY the AFE filters were under $70 and do EVERYTHING needed on intake. You have to do very little to open the intake up completely.

Check some of mine and other post for dynos and comparisons, you'll have to look not many Akropovic out there.

·
Throttle Jockey
1,718 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
They use the AFE filters in their system.

Evoluzine is a premium vendor on this site listed in the "Vendor" forum

·
Registered
66 Posts
BTW, just got evoluzione's peg lowering kit installed today, and my knees are very pleased indeed.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, I plan on giving Ken alot (most) of my business....

Just added a portable xm receiver and some trick earphones to my list. A CF
bellypan and a cf front fender would be real trick as well.

I like his guages as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I thought I saw a picture of the licence plate relocator from "www.evoluzione.net" but now I can't seem to find it. Then again maybe I'm just loosing my mind.

Anyway, does anyone have a pic of this licence plate relocator installed on the K1200S?
Thanks all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts