BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Blue/Silver/Black "07"

You know, It's amazing how a real life image can change the the way the colors blend! Looks great! I wonder if you have seen the White Aluminum, and if it has yellow, or silver wheels? BMW motorrad shows yellow, and other sites i have seen silver. I know you are the Germany connection,and we really appreciate it!
Jeff Eggers,Redding,California U.S.A.

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
65Overlander said:
I wonder if you have seen the White Aluminum, and if it has yellow, or silver wheels? BMW motorrad shows yellow, and other sites i have seen silver.
I asked the same question on another forum where Michael posted the same tri-colour pictures and he answered that it would be yellow rims.

And I believe the bmw-motorrad websites confirm this. The following picture is in the Spanish and German versions of the site (may be on others too, but I only checked these two).

·
Registered
273 Posts
hdf said:
I asked the same question on another forum where Michael posted the same tri-colour pictures and he answered that it would be yellow rims.

And I believe the bmw-motorrad websites confirm this. The following picture is in the Spanish and German versions of the site (may be on others too, but I only checked these two).

This is also my favorit among the 07' color schemes.

Attachments

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
ratemut said:
This is also my favorit among the 07' color schemes.
You're the first person I've heard who likes it.

I think its hideous. I posted on another forum that BMW has probably lost a sales since I was going to trade in this year, but now that I have confirmation that their design teams this year seem to have some difficulty matching colours I may have to pass - or look into spending more money to change those awful rims.

·
Registered
273 Posts
hdf said:
You're the first person I've heard who likes it.

I think its hideous. I posted on another forum that BMW has probably lost a sales since I was going to trade in this year, but now that I have confirmation that their design teams this year seem to have some difficulty matching colours I may have to pass - or look into spending more money to change those awful rims.

I do like it - but as I have a grey 06 already there is no reason to get a 07 ;-)

The rims can be coated in another color for around 200USD

Btw: I don't really like the black/blue/white combination - to buzy me think

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also do not care for the new colors. I would think the bike would look better with a silver tank in place of the black. And what are they thinking of silver with yellow wheels? Does it appeal to a younger crowd?

Greg

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
Spring said:
I also do not care for the new colors. I would think the bike would look better with a silver tank in place of the black. And what are they thinking of silver with yellow wheels? Does it appeal to a younger crowd?

Greg
Well, if they are trying to appeal to a younger crowd they probably need to bring down the price of their bikes rather than add funky colour schemes. While I'm sure lots of younger bikers aspire to a BMW, it's just not in the price range of the mass market.

I'm not criticising their pricing policy or defending it, it's just a fact of life. The amont of 20 somethings who can afford to put 18-20 grand down for a bike (one they will likely want to change in a years time as soon as a newer version with 3 extra horsepower and louder colour scheme comes out) is limited.

·
Enthusiast
601 Posts
65Overlander said:
You know, It's amazing how a real life image can change the the way the colors blend! Looks great! I wonder if you have seen the White Aluminum, and if it has yellow, or silver wheels? BMW motorrad shows yellow, and other sites i have seen silver. I know you are the Germany connection,and we really appreciate it!
Jeff Eggers,Redding,California U.S.A.
The dealers have been told the White Aluminum bikes will come with silver wheels in the US.

FWIW - I like the looks of the blue one.

·
Registered
215 Posts
BMW has finally caught on to demand for a black bike, now if they would only paint one BRIGHT RED! This bike screams to be red, but instead they offer us silver with of all things...YELLOW wheels, and then there's the fugly tri-color....

I could care less what multi-colored paint schemes they come up with, but for crying out loud, offer some of the rest of us decent solid color choices. Maybe it's time for BMW to look at Ducati's website for color ideas.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The predominant yellow of the original "bumble bee" does it for me. "Camouflage 101" teaches that to be difficult to be seen the object should be indistinguishable from its background or surrounds. A black or dark grey bike with dark suited rider might be a great stealth image for some folks but the practicalities of sharing public roads with inattentive, low skill drivers suggest that its better to be seen easily and early. That extra .25 - .5 of a second that it takes to recognise that brief flash of colour of your bike / suit / helmet etc in a mirror or at a street corner can mean the difference between just a fright or good night - permanently. Black vehicles suck - bikes and hearses.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i think the tri-color looks a bit better in the pictures than what bmw has on their web site, still i will have to reserve judgement until i see the bike in the flesh. the aluminum color looks cool but the yellow rims don't mix, silver or black rims would go good with the aluminum. wouldn't buy a silver colored bike with ugly yellow rims and i damn sure wouldn't buy a 18 grand silver bike and have to pay to powder coat the rims. what idiot is working at bmw that came up with yellow rims??? does bmw do any kind of market research before coming up with these retarded looking paint schemes??? the black looks best by far and would look great with chromed rims but at least they're not yellow.

·
Registered
403 Posts
13tay22 said:
BMW has finally caught on to demand for a black bike, now if they would only paint one BRIGHT RED! This bike screams to be red, but instead they offer us silver with of all things...YELLOW wheels, and then there's the fugly tri-color....
I turned my Bumblebee into a Tomato.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about, very nice!
Mine is going to be solid red, with some kind of accent color, don't know what yet. What did the paint cost?

·
Registered
403 Posts
13tay22 said:
Now that's what I'm talking about, very nice!
Mine is going to be solid red, with some kind of accent color, don't know what yet. What did the paint cost?
Solid red would be less than what I paid. Laying out the black/white took time. Cost was 1800.

·
Registered
215 Posts
xlr8r said:
Solid red would be less than what I paid. Laying out the black/white took time. Cost was 1800.
As I'll have to send mine off for paint anyway, is your painter near Seattle? I'm looking at Denver for paint right now, which is way closer, but it looks as though your painter definately knows what he's doing.

Again, your bike looks outstanding, congrats!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts