BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was noticing that while the tach is visually perfect.. the black "S" speedo is rather hard to read and was thinking about asking that company that produces white gauge faces (I forget their name) to make me one. Yea.. yea.. I can't leave well enough alone.. so sue me!!

Got home and the new Rider magazine was in the mailbox with a review of the 06 K1200R and a picture of the "R" dash.. Both the tach and speedo have white faces... The pic isn't clear enough to determine if the numbers, etc are EXACTLY the same layout as on our S bikes...and I'm not sure if both gauges are white on the 05 R or not but...

Does anyone know or can anyone confirm that the "R" and "S" faces are ONLY different in color? and may be interchangable?? Enquiring, anal minds would like to know..

BMW tasks me!

Thx in advance..

See how much easier on the eyes the white face is??

·
Registered
324 Posts
the "r" model uses a different cluster assembly. the tach sits up and to the right of the speedo (it is also small & oval shaped).

regards,

ken zeller

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm.. in the pic of this 06 both gauges look round but it could be the angle of the picture. You are right about the tach being on the right.. where it SHOULD be..

I also just noticed that the speedo on the R bike only goes to 180.. my S goes to 190. Also.. the 0mph on the R is in the 6:eek:clock position.. on my S it's at the 7:00 position...

Nothing is ever easy is it??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Easy?? You want easy??? God, pull yourself together man - next you'll be asking for home computers that actually work and instruction manuals that are informative!?!?! And then what kind of commie, weak-ass society would we be living in?

:)

BTW, the '05 S also has a black-faced speedo. I find everything on the dash difficult to read in gloomy conditions - some fancy-shmancy light-sensor that switches on the back-light when it decides I need it. GRRRRRRR....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Jimjam66, my '05 speedometer face is white not black as you state. I have an Aug05 build date. We however have the same grey color bike.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a PIc??

Sir Cesarb.. Got a pic??

cesarb said:
Jimjam66, my '05 speedometer face is white not black as you state. I have an Aug05 build date. We however have the same grey color bike.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have an 05 and the speedo is black, the tach is white. I also checked 4 other bikes at the Raleigh dealership and they too have black speedo and white tachs. You sure your speedo is white?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Speedo is black white numbers white needle, Tach is white faced orange/red numbers and needle. All I know is that on the speedo if the needle is at twelve o'clock I'm doing about a 100 or so.. and I'm paying really close attention to the radar detector :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jerry ..
I think you will have to stay with your 'back-ground' until some Aftermarket-vendor comes up with something.

They wont simply fit...... I think...anyone??

·
Registered
236 Posts
That is a different dash on the R that I am used to seeing. In most pics it is a black dash without the 'sun visors'. Is it after market or a more current model.

Cheers
Trevor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts