·
Registered
68 Posts
i like it so far
...... can't wait to see..... and hear more

·
Registered
636 Posts
Nice looking bike Tim. And best thing, no one else has one like it (especially in WA!)
Actually, I have to fly over there in a few weeks. The base has an exercise on. I'm looking forward to it.
Best wishes mate.

Ken.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The transformation of Kassey (K1200S)

I call my bike Kassey (derived from the first and last letter of the model name). Over the last 10 weeks, she has undergone a major transformation. The following parts were fitted or about to be fitted (on back order).

Ztechnik CF handle bar trim:

Ztechnik CF tank cap trims:

Ztechnik CF instrument panel trim:

Ilmberger CF centre tank panel:

Ilmberger CF battery panel:

Ilmberger CF rear fender:

Ilmberger CF front fairing panel:

MRA double bubble racing screen:

Clear front indicator lights:

Clear rear indicator lights:

Clear LED rear stop light:

Phillips super white light bulbs:

Evoluzione billet performance air filters:

Evoluzione billet clutch slave cylinder kit:

Evoluzione billet adjustable torque arm:

Vario adjustable levers:

Heli-bar handle bar risers:

Akrapovic CF hexagonal complete exhaust racing system:

RG-Racing fork protector:

RG-Racing shaft protector:

The result is in the next post...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The transformation of Kassey (K1200S) - the result

Plus custom decals and paint work. This is a light silver which has a pearlescent effect. Depending on the lighting condition and the angle, you could either see light silver, off-whitish, or gold glint. It has to be seen in real to appreciate. The belly panels have been repainted in black metallic. The result is my personal interpretation of the K1200S:

Note the Evoluzione billet clutch slave cylinder:

·
Registered
636 Posts
After owning HDs for over 20 years, I always thought the BM would save money re the customization bug. You proved me wrong there!
That is a beautiful looking bike. I still think Jerry's 'Excalibur' is the prettiest I've seen, followed closely by your bike. We need a modified K1200S page to host shots and ideas
If I wasn't rebuilding both my Indians, I'd spend some money on repainting my 06 GT. I have an urge to paint it a darker colour, as the Blue is about as uninspiring as it gets!

Ride safe mate.

Ken.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks great! I really like that exhaust.

Ditto on the intent to save money on modifications... Doh! After seeing the Remus on another GT this weekend and seeing these shots I've got the new exhaust itch. Looking for a good hugger option too, as having ridden in the rain Saurday morning left my backside all dirty :eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
backpain said:
Looks great! I really like that exhaust.

Ditto on the intent to save money on modifications... Doh! After seeing the Remus on another GT this weekend and seeing these shots I've got the new exhaust itch. Looking for a good hugger option too, as having ridden in the rain Saurday morning left my backside all dirty :eek:
IMHO, Akrapovic sounds awesome without being too offensive. I used to miss the throaty V-twin sound of my previous Ducati, but now that I have the Akrapovic (complete system racing line) on my fours and hear the throaty rumble sound, there is no going back smile. Without the noise silencer insert, it adds 9.3 rwhp at the top end and is rated at 99dB - which is loud but not annoying, unlike some other brands especially the straight through pipes fitted on many Harley's. The stock K1200S pipe has printings that say it is certified for 80dB.

·
Registered
293 Posts
tatran said:
........It has to be seen in real to appreciate.......... The result is my personal interpretation of the K1200S:
And a damn fine interpretation too - love the contrasting detail. With a touch of gold through the silver and just enough CF for contrast your bike would be a seriously flashy piece of art in the sunlight. Mighty fine!!

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
tatran said:
IMHO, Akrapovic sounds awesome without being too offensive. I used to miss the throaty V-twin sound of my previous Ducati, but now that I have the Akrapovic (complete system racing line) on my fours and hear the throaty rumble sound, there is no going back smile. Without the noise silencer insert, it adds 9.3 rwhp at the top end and is rated at 99dB - which is loud but not annoying, unlike some other brands especially the straight through pipes fitted on many Harley's. The stock K1200S pipe has printings that say it is certified for 80dB.
I might be one of the few that is not impressed with the sound of the Akrapovic. The exhaust didn't come with the silencer? It's a perforated straight thru pipe. I've heard better. But quality is good. (NOT perfect. I've got a slight exhaust leak where the cannister meets the pipe)

·
Registered
164 Posts
JCW said:
I might be one of the few that is not impressed with the sound of the Akrapovic. The exhaust didn't come with the silencer? It's a perforated straight thru pipe. I've heard better. But quality is good. (NOT perfect. I've got a slight exhaust leak where the cannister meets the pipe)

Umm thats what race cans are... Straight thru pipes with small holes in it... lol

If you want a silencer get a "street use" system. And then don't expect the same performance. Also don't expect the weight savings...

My micron "race only" system weighs in at I think 14 pounds for my XX. The "street" system is close to 25 I think. But both still big savings over the 47 pounds of the stock system.

Street use cans use baffles.. sound syou you need that system.

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
I should have punctuated my first statement better...

1) My exhaust didn't come with the silencer insert.
2) I don't have a problem with the perforated straight pipe. I was just stating this as a fact.
3) The sound is like stock only louder. I like more bass in my exhaust. Maybe more like the laser cans.
4) Quality is good but certainly not OEM. I bring this up because on Shiva's forum there was a thread re: lack of longevity of different aftermarket exhausts. Two Bros and Staintune seems to not last very long. People keep praising Akrapovic but I wanted to say that it isn't PERFECT- my slight exhaust leak

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JCW said:
1) My exhaust didn't come with the silencer insert.
3) The sound is like stock only louder. I like more bass in my exhaust. Maybe more like the laser cans.
4) Quality is good but certainly not OEM. I bring this up because on Shiva's forum there was a thread re: lack of longevity of different aftermarket exhausts. Two Bros and Staintune seems to not last very long. People keep praising Akrapovic but I wanted to say that it isn't PERFECT- my slight exhaust leak
1) You can buy the silencer insert separately around AU$80 or US$50.
3) To my ears the Akrap is not only louder but has more bass/throaty rumble compare to stock (which sounded hollower). I also have the Evo race filters without the ram air tubes.
4) You could fix the leak by using muffler sealant before fitting them together.

ratemut said:
Very nice bike indeed , but why didn't you install the Ztechnik CF handle bar trim ?

br Michael
It's currently on back order, along with the Ztechnik CF instrument panel surround.

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
tatran said:
4) You could fix the leak by using muffler sealant before fitting them together.
If the leak is at the one of the joints that you fit together.

My leak is in the side of the can where the pipe is welded on and the titanium sleeve is riveted. It's not at one of the slip joints. You can feel the air pulses when the engine is running.

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
JCW said:
on Shiva's forum there was a thread re: lack of longevity of different aftermarket exhausts. Two Bros and Staintune seems to not last very long.
First I heard of Staintune's not lasting long....could you link me to that post?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts