BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kawasaki 750 H2 1975
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum. I wonder if anybody knows whether the fork's upper "triple clamp" (the mid portion of the handlebars) from a K1200S will fit on a K1300S? Are the splines the same? No hardware conflicts?

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,016 Posts
They have different part numbers.
This does not totally answer your question but it lets you know there is some issue.
If you need a K1300 unit they are not very expensive on EBay, oem price is about $450
The K12S ones are cheap also.

·
Registered
Kawasaki 750 H2 1975
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have different part numbers.
This does not totally answer your question but it lets you know there is some issue.
If you need a K1300 unit they are not very expensive on EBay, oem price is about $450
The K12S ones are cheap also.
Thanks, the thing is I'm building a special and the K12S unit is better suited for my needs than the one from K13S.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think it will fit. Different part numbers could be for different colours.
This from a k12 parts fiche
Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel

And this from a k13 parts fiche

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

I can’t imagine why bmw would make a separate ’control arm bridge’ for what is essentially the same bike however what IS different between the S and the R is the stub - handlebar- that the the handgrips fit onto BUT be sure to do your checks.

·
Registered
Kawasaki 750 H2 1975
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it will fit. Different part numbers could be for different colours.
I can’t imagine why bmw would make a separate ’control arm bridges’ for what is essentially the same bike BUT be sure to do your checks.
Thanks, they’re definitely not the same (the 13 model is of sleeker design), that’s why I’d like to use the 12 model. My question is whether the 12 part fits on the 13 bike.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The main functional difference is that the R bridge was wider than the S and I don’t think the design affects fitting Cables and hoses could be an issue but seeing as how you’re using a narrower bridge, length shouldn’t be a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts