BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can i get some advice on a K1200s 06 Model. The Break Failure light is on!
Is this Bad news ? as i am reading lots of Nightmare scenario's

William

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,264 Posts
They are all true. You have to check the simple stuff like fluid level, good brake bleed following the plan for servo ABS, broken wires to ABS sensors, stuck brake switch and light circuit stuck on. After that you have to decide on repair, unit repair in Germany for about a grand plus labor, replacing with that companies by pass unit or finding an elusive used but good unit. If it comes to it I suggest the repair route using the German company. The link below is for their by pass unit but the same web site has the repair information.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It’s failure of abs unit! You have standard brakes but no abs function.
Like suggested change fluid and check it over for obvious problems.
lots of repair centers that will rebuild it for $300-500 You ship it to them, they ship it back.
There‘s other options as suggested too.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Please list "lots of repair centers" for the Servo ABS unit. It will help many people. Even one or two in the US would be good. I know of one in Spain and one in Germany.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Please list "lots of repair centers" for the Servo ABS unit. It will help many people. Even one or two in the US would be good. I know of one in Spain and one in Germany.
This is one of the company’s that will rebuild our servo abs system.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is one of the company’s that will rebuild our servo abs system.
Module Masters just rebuilt my 2008 K12S servo for $350 including shipping both ways. Their service was excellent and the unit has a 5 year warranty, and they're in Idaho.

Note that they can't fix everything but they do repair the most common failures of ABS servo units.

Also note that ABS servos are coded to the ECU. It is very possible to get another identical unit, even from the same model year bike that will not work with your motorcycle. For this reason it is highly recommended that you attempt to repair your module vs. replacing it with a used one.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Yes, good but not a Servo 2006 model which they do not rebuild.

·
Registered
169 Posts
From a seasoned bmw service manager that told me the 05 and 06 abs servo units that fail 9.9 out of 10 times it’s the circuit board that fails not the actual servos and pump, so these rebuilds are mainly to resolder and repair the circuit board.
My information from the website and a phone call has them rebuilding servo abs units as well as the non servo abs units at a reasonable price.
They do have a good reputation and are very knowledgeable. Definitely worth a look.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I hope so. I too have heard of the circuit boards failing.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
UPDATE, I have to eat my words. The Idaho location is now rebuilding the 02-06 servo modules. A long waiting list is mentioned. Here is the reply I got from them to an inquire a few weeks ago:

Thank you for inquiring about our rebuild service! We are currently rebuilding these modules, but the waiting list is quite long at this point. If you would like to be added to it, just let me know.

Best regards,
Tyler

COVID-19 UPDATED HOURS (subject to change!):

Circuit Solutions dba Module Master
2006 South Main St
Moscow, ID 83843
href="Module Master - Module Rebuilds done right.">www.modulemaster.com

NEW Hours:
Monday : 8am - 4pm
Tuesday : 8am - 4pm
Wednesday : 8am - 4pm
Thursday : 8am - 4pm
Friday : CLOSED
Saturday : CLOSED
Sunday : CLOSED

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well with a 8-4 mon thru thur work week and followed with 3days off to enjoy the weekend, I’d say there behind with a waiting list alright!
Good for them, work hard 4days then enjoy the 3days off. Most likely a family owned business. The way it should be actually!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts