BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below photos are for those interested. The Secdem is about 4 1/2" taller than BMW's sport windshield. I am 6'3" and with the Secdem, the wind hits me at my shoulders. I understand Cee Baileys is working on a screen that will be available within 60 days, hopefully looks good and directs air over my helmet. The XM is the new Roady XT and fits perfectly. I drilled a whole in the metal bridge (see photos) and used RAM mounts. The Garmin is an IQ3600 which I use for business and pleasure. It's mounted to the BMW emblem on the steering column. Although neither the XM or Garmin are waterproof, I've used both on my 1150RT in bad weather, throw a bag over them and never had a problem. The Moto Lights are brushed aluminum. Everything is powered by a Touratech TPS 15 Canbus Output Helper which supplies switched power for 5 devices. It is mounted under the left front air snorkel cover (the K12R doesn't have an air snorkel there).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Alan, that windscreen looks good on the gray bike.

what's your impression of the moto lights?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Alan Brothers said:
Below photos are for those interested. The Secdem is about 4 1/2" taller than BMW's sport windshield. I am 6'3" and with the Secdem, the wind hits me at my shoulders. I understand Cee Baileys is working on a screen that will be available within 60 days, hopefully looks good and directs air over my helmet. The XM is the new Roady XT and fits perfectly. I drilled a whole in the metal bridge (see photos) and used RAM mounts. The Garmin is an IQ3600 which I use for business and pleasure. It's mounted to the BMW emblem on the steering column. Although neither the XM or Garmin are waterproof, I've used both on my 1150RT in bad weather, throw a bag over them and never had a problem. The Moto Lights are brushed aluminum. Everything is powered by a Touratech TPS 15 Canbus Output Helper which supplies switched power for 5 devices. It is mounted under the left front air snorkel cover (the K12R doesn't have an air snorkel there).

Cant see the photos... :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mattlamotte-The bike tends to blend in with the background because of its' colors. The main reason I purchased Moto Lights was to increase visibility with oncoming traffic. I think they compliment the bike's appearance.-Al

·
Registered
147 Posts
I like the look too. That brushed metal looks great with the bike. Low profile too. It doesn't clutter up the lines.

Did you do the install yourself? If so, how'd that go.

Thanks,

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts