BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a question about voltage that doesn't seem right. My dealer as good as they are haven't been too helpful on this one.
Here's the scenario: 03 K12RS. On the left side of the bike towards the back is a 4 prong flat connector. Everyone says it is factory installed for optional alarm hook-up.
Brown is ground, the red/white wire is permanently ON 12v. All OK
The two blue wires with different colored stripes only have power when the bike is on. Sounds like a great power source. However everytime I measure voltage at these two wires I get between 43 - 50 volts. What's the deal? I can't really hook up to these at that kind of voltage right? What am I missing?
I have a multi tester - always 1 lead to ground and 1 lead to one of the blue wires to measure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was hoping to tap this source to power my Centech. I don't want to use the red/white since it always has power.
Thanks, Markus

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I wasn't sure if you mean't installing a Centech splitter or if this is your alarm. If it's the splitter, you should really get power direct from the battery terminal and not mess with the oem wiring unless you know exactly what it is and what fault current it is fused for.

Don't know what you were measuring, it could be just stray voltage pickup from open wiring running through the loom. That's the problem with meters, they put up a reading, but it's understanding what the meter is actually seeing that's important.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Augwest,
Check you meter setting.

On my 2002 it is a 6 position connector with 4 wires.
Blue/Red - Flasher left (Modulates with left blinker)
Blue/Black - Flasher right (modulates with right blinker)
Open
Red/White - 12v 15 amp fuse 3 (possibly shared with horn?)
Brown - Battery ground
Open

1 - 3 of 3 Posts