BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

Does anyone know if it's possible/viable to fit rectangular mirrors into the pods in the fairing (behind the indicator lenses) - i.e. where it looks like they're meant to fit from the factory?

Don't really understand why they were never fitted there; it's much more in the natural line of sight than bar-mounted ones.

Thanks,

Rick.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I never liked the OEM pods and mirrors on my K12RS. So I bought 'superbike' mirrors off ebay, sort of rectangular shaped. made aluminum brackets to bolt then directly behind my pods. Looked great!. Sold my K12 after 15 years and now ride a Triumph Thruxton 900. Loving the new Triumph!!!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hi Everyone.

Does anyone know if it's possible/viable to fit rectangular mirrors into the pods in the fairing (behind the indicator lenses) - i.e. where it looks like they're meant to fit from the factory?

Don't really understand why they were never fitted there; it's much more in the natural line of sight than bar-mounted ones.

Thanks,

Rick.
Mirrors on the bars allow you to position your bars to view behind you when head checking isn't possible when at an angled intersection. I have a few intersections that i use daily and because of helmet it is almost impossible to head check back that far. if it wasn't for the mirrors on the bars i would still be sitting at the intersection LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts