BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice on aftermarket windshield for my RS. The stock creates a lot of buffeting at head height in fully up and at chest level when down. Looking for a little more protection without losing the look of the RS. suggestions welcomed

·
We're zoned for what ? cool !
186 Posts
Parabellum is the standard

Parabellum makes several models. However, the more protection, the more "touring" the look.

·
Registered
94 Posts
jvreschar said:
Looking for advice on aftermarket windshield for my RS. The stock creates a lot of buffeting at head height in fully up and at chest level when down. Looking for a little more protection without losing the look of the RS. suggestions welcomed
I tried the Ztecknik touring screen. Great wind protection, too much in hot weather. Worst part was I could not put it in the lower position due to mirrors hitting the screen approx. 1" before full lock.

Like others, I am using a Laminar Lip on the stock screen. Offers nearly the same protection in the UP position but allows me to lower the screen in hot weather. It still offers more protection than stock screen alone in the UP position.

BTW, I am 6'1", 34"inseam using a Rick Mayer seat.

·
Registered
53 Posts
At 6'2" I'm very happy with the BMW "Comfort" shield I added to my RS. I think it's the same shield that comes standard on the GT. Buffeting is non-existent, although I do wear earplugs to reduce noise. Good luck and Happy New Year!

Chuck V. ('03 K1200RS, White & Blue, the FAST color.)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I put the standard GT screen (AKA Comfort screen) on my KRS for winter and the wind noise was much worse than the RS screen. Added a Laminar Lip to the Comfort and the noise is low enough now that it's not an issue. I always wear ear plugs, am 6'0", 34" inseam.

http://www.laminarlip.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts