BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently riding a '02 K12RS. My commute is mostly highway for 45-60 minutes each way. I test rode a K12S and really like the weight/power/more sporting package. How does this bike feel after an hour in the saddle? Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
64 Posts
K1200S Commute

I commute 75 miles each way every day (which can be less than an hour). The bike feels great. It doesn't keep the wind off nearly as well as my RS but it is so much more nimble. I did install an electronic cruise control and like that. It is a great bike to ride. I haven't been back on my RS since I got the S.

·
Registered
57 Posts
K12S and touring

My K12S is a year and a half old and I just had the 24,000 mile service done. I find it more comfortable than the K12RS for touring. The longest day I,ve put on has been 800 miles.Less than the 1500 miles I put on the LT doing the bun burner gold, but a full day none the less. I had the Verholen bar risers and peg lowering kit on for the first 20,000 miles,but I find it just as comfortable without. I got tired of draging the foot pegs with them lowered. You are more exposed to the elements than on the RS or LT but the Roadcrafter takes care of that. It's a lot more fun riding the S.

·
Registered
273 Posts
MichBeamer said:
I'm currently riding a '02 K12RS. My commute is mostly highway for 45-60 minutes each way. I test rode a K12S and really like the weight/power/more sporting package. How does this bike feel after an hour in the saddle? Thanks for any feedback.
I had a 05 K12GT and is now riding a 06 K12S.

For me, the KS is just as comfortable as the GT, however not in the rain.

·
Registered
531 Posts
[i did install an electronic cruise control and like that]

ffearless, where did you get the cruise control from? is this an aftermarket product you purchased from some company or did you jerry rig it yourself??? the only thing i dislike about my "S" is the lack of cruise control. the GT has cruise and i wish BMW would add cruise to the "S" as an option.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I rode my stock K1200S 6,118 miles in the first two weeks of July (NC to Boise and return). I stayed perfectly comfortable on the bike until the 13th day when I started to get a little road weary. It's quite comfortable for me.

mac

·
Registered
15 Posts
machew01 said:
I rode my stock K1200S 6,118 miles in the first two weeks of July (NC to Boise and return). I stayed perfectly comfortable on the bike until the 13th day when I started to get a little road weary. It's quite comfortable for me.

mac
Quite a vote on the comfort factor !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was hooked on the K12S already, but I appreciate the feedback on commuting. I'll sit on my RS until the spring and then join you guys.

I was hoping to see the K12S with electronic cruise control in '07 because this is a great feature on the K12RS when you want to cover a few hundred miles on the highway.

Curious to hear what ffearless installed on his bike...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cruise on the S

wellcraft said:
[i did install an electronic cruise control and like that]

ffearless, where did you get the cruise control from? is this an aftermarket product you purchased from some company or did you jerry rig it yourself??? the only thing i dislike about my "S" is the lack of cruise control. the GT has cruise and i wish BMW would add cruise to the "S" as an option.

I bought the Rostra World Cruise. I bought it on eBay. I did have to customize it for the bike. But there are a couple of us with this cruise on our 'Ses so you will be able to get most questions answered should you deside to install one.

·
Registered
193 Posts
ffearless said:
I bought the Rostra World Cruise. I bought it on eBay. I did have to customize it for the bike. But there are a couple of us with this cruise on our 'Ses so you will be able to get most questions answered should you deside to install one.
Do you have pics?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cruise on the S

I could take more pics but here is the control.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
about the cruise for k12s

just hooked up the manual throttlemeister to my new ride. easy 20 minute install & adjust. easy to operate & looks great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts