BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the cd on the bike. Is there anywhere I can obtain the torque specs online. I found the k12rs data. I'm putting on barbacks and peg lowering kit and would like to torque them properly. Would the k12rs numbers be OK/close enough?

·
Registered
505 Posts
scarter said:
I don't have the cd on the bike. Is there anywhere I can obtain the torque specs online. I found the k12rs data. I'm putting on barbacks and peg lowering kit and would like to torque them properly. Would the k12rs numbers be OK/close enough?
I wouldn't suggest using the K12RS torque specs, as I have found huge discrepancies between the two. If nothing else, ask your dealer.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Avgoustos said:
Tightening torques K 1200 S

Which numbers you need?
Most of the basics I guess.

- Rear wheel lugs
- Front wheel spindle and associated lock bolts.
- Fwd and Rear brake caliper mounting bolts
- Oil drain plug

- Any other areas that are commonly to removed and reinstalled.

Thanks.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mark, check your owner's manual.
mark5lam said:
Most of the basics I guess.

- Rear wheel lugs
- Front wheel spindle and associated lock bolts.
- Fwd and Rear brake caliper mounting bolts
- Oil drain plug

- Any other areas that are commonly to removed and reinstalled.

Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Kneedragger said:
Mark, check your owner's manual.
Thanks Charlie.
I did look through it but I don't recall finding much of this info. Some info but lacking much of what a hands on guy would need to know. I think BMW keeps the owners manual dumbed down to encourage dealer service or the sale of the CD maintenance manuals.

Speaking of manuals, I haven't purchased a CD manual for the K1200S because of my experience with the CD manual I got for my R1200GS. I found the format it to be ok but the detail of information was quite basic. No real good "how-to" or troubleshooting information was provided.
The manual seemed like little more than a fancy illustrated parts break down with a few specifications and part numbers listed within than a "maintenance manual".

I've worked on aircraft for over 20 years and cars way back when. I can assure you that with those "maintenance manuals", a little common sense, and the right tools, you could troubleshoot and repair just about anything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here ya go...

I did fork out the big $$ for the repair manual. Comparatively, it is better than the old K1200RS one I had.

Stub handlebar to handlebar yoke, M6 x 25 , Outer screw engages recess in handlebar tube to prevent turning and loss.
10 Nm

Handlebar weights to stub handlebars, M8 x 35
19 Nm

Handlebar adapter to handlebar yoke, M18 x 1.5
90 Nm

Rear footrest holder to rear frame, top, M6 x 25
Micro-encapsulated
8 Nm

Rear footrest holder to rear frame, bottom, M8 x 25
19 Nm

Master brake cylinder to footrest plate, right, M6 x 20
9 Nm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.