BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site. Very interesting indeed.
I am adding a few electrical add ons to my 2009 K1300GT (ie: switched USB port; unswitched driving lites with on/off rocker switch; additional outlet for heated garments; etc.) and am going to use a Fuzeblocks brand fuseblock and was wondering if anyone has a good recomendation as to where to mount the Fuzeblock. I would like to mount it in a place that will provide ease of access. Thanks for any and all help in this matter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks for the info TF, i am also going to mount it and was wondering the same thing...where??
i bought a compact air compressor to keep on the bike and when i plugged it in the CANBUS shut the power port off....i should have known better.
sidenote: why keep an air compressor on the bike; with my RT, i hit a pot hole and dented the wheel. the next day my front tire was flat. 400 miles from home. good thing one of my friends had an air compressor on his bike...... a Harley rider no less...it got me home after a few fillups...

·
Registered
362 Posts
My air compressor plugs into the fused Battery Tender cable. My left pannier carries all of my emergency supplies - compressor, tire kit, first aid kit, flares, tools and rain gear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks TF1200RT
I will try that. i appreciate the picture too. Did you actually mount it in the battery box or is it just floating there on top of the battery?

·
Registered
362 Posts
The picture is from an installation on the BMWMOA site. I only have one thing on my bike powered by the battery, so it is just attached to the terminals.

·
Registered
677 Posts
+1 on top of the battery. Accessible and safe and easily reached when wiring stuff in. 8 years and still going strong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts