BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this issue had been discussed ad naueum in this forum but.....
I’m in the process of adding the heavy gauge wiring harness to my bike. I’ve pretty much got it figured out but it would be useful to read BMW’s work instructions before the alterations go much further.
Does anyone have said instructions and be willing to share them?

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
588 Posts
When I purchased the BMW OEM harness it came with no instructions. But, these may help:

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. That’s exactly what I did. I finished up this afternoon. Test ride tomorrow. Unfortunately the weather is on the cool side so the engine won’t get hot enough to thoroughly test the starting capability.

·
Registered
125 Posts
is the intention of the upgrade not inferred by the word supplementary in the kits title meaning BOTH

so the original and the extra cables?

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
588 Posts
Yes the main battery cable in the kit is in parallel with the bike cable. Others are a little heavier duty. The kit includes a new starter relay also.

Reactions: botus

·
Registered
4 Posts
I literally just finished adding the extra wiring for my K 1300 GT 2009 yesterday, followed the RSD manual and all went well until I broke the quick release on the fuel line.
Guess I should have looked on here first and took Beech's advice to change for a metal one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts