BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2010 K1300GT and given the very poor driving light on the machine and the lack of 'add-on' lights available for the K1300GT, I investigated and purchased a HID conversion bulb set from http://hidkitsxenonlights.com/bmw-k1300gt/. I'm a big bloke with big hands and have struggled to even get the main beam bulb cover off (failed so far!).

Has anyone any experience of a HID conversion on a K1300GT? Any advice/tips?
Will I have to remove the instrument panel and most of the fairing to be able to get at the thing?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I tried to install HID in my high beam sockets on my 12gt. I had to pull the entire nose off to get to what I needed and hide the ballasts. BUT the canbus didn't like the current draw with or without resistors so it would just flicker quickly and never zap fully on :( . I just put 2 85 watt halogen bulbs in it and called it a day. (my bike already had the HID lowbeam)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I installed an HID low beam from DDM Tuning years ago. Perhaps the best farkel on the bike! DDM and this site had great install instructions, but I did have to remove the screen and the plastic panel under it to get at it. Most of that was to find space to put the ballast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts