BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed to do a minor top up of oil on my new (5000 KM) K1300GT.The oil used by BMW is Castrol 4T racing 5W-40 fully synthetic .I know I live in the country (Horsham Victoria) but this oil is only available from one outlet and only in 4 litre containers.Anyone else had this problem ?The 4 Litre container costs $80 ! Any suggestions ? Thought maybe topping up with some Mobil 1 10w-30 I have on hand.
cheers Andrew

·
Registered
636 Posts
G'day Andrew.
$80 for 4 litres of Synthetic brand name oil is pretty good.
I just purchased a 4 litre bottle of syn for my VW and it was close $200! Same with the old V Rod, nearly $30 per litre!
How dry is Horsham right now?
Best wishes mate.

Ken.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
top up

I have researched the issue of top up and that oil would be okay. Synthetic can be topped up with mineral and vice versa. I have a deal with my car service centre and they buy me a box of 4X4 synthetic oil at cost.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Synthetic oil

OK Thanks Ken and Pap,Well was wondering if they had the wrong price on the oil as another outlet quoted $160 for the container !Think I may go and buy it can allways use it in one of the other vehicles I guess.
Ken the farms in the Wimmera are looking fantastic.Have just done a quick drive up to Sydney to collect a car with a mate and all the way up looked fantastic.Hope they make million$ this year!Must admit the farms on the way to Goulburn looked really good tons of Canola etc.Also good to see you are back in the country and have excaped that rat hole Canberra!
cheers Andrew

·
Registered
749 Posts
Rather than chasing down the oil order it over the internet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts