BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 K1300GT with 30K. Battery is good, have full electrical. Hit starter button, nothing, no click, no crank, no nothing. Jumper on battery doesn't change anything, still nothing. Seems like maybe a starter switch issue. Bike can be push started. This happened all of a sudden, started fine one minute, then this. Any suggestions or trouble shooting?
Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Start switch, side stand switch, clutch switch, starter relay, bike in gear? I forget which has to be where to activate the starter, but suspect one of those is on vacation.

You can remove some tupperware and jumper the starter relay, but given BMW's famous lack of tech support to owners, I can't say if the ECU will play ball and activate the fuel pump.

What we need is a step by step description of the starting sequence, with all players involved described and verification processes for each. I had such for my previous K100RS bikes, but the K44 is a very different animal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2010 K1300GT with 30K. Battery is good, have full electrical. Hit starter button, nothing, no click, no crank, no nothing. Jumper on battery doesn't change anything, still nothing. Seems like maybe a starter switch issue. Bike can be push started. This happened all of a sudden, started fine one minute, then this. Any suggestions or trouble shooting?
Thanks
Update on starting issue:
Finally got around to fixing the problem. First I checked the side stand switch but I knew this wasn't the problem since I was able to push start the bike. I was suspecting the start switch only due to known issues previously with BMW switches. Obviously I was hoping that wasn't the culprit due to the cost of the switches. I pulled the fuel tank and checked the starter relay, and the load side of the relay wasn't making contact/continuity, so I ordered an new relay. (approx. $20US). Popped it in and bike started fine. Glad it was an easy and inexpensive fix. Thanks to all for their input. Glad to have forums like this for advise/help.
Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts