BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Southbank BMW now has on the floor the 3 K13's.Took the K1300GT for a test ride on friday and must admit was very impressed.Should be back in the smog tuesday and will take the K1300S for a ride.Had planned to swap my 06 K1200S for a K13S but now am a bit confused.
Need some more opinions guys, get down to Southbank and take them for a ride!
cheers Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would love to. Just a bit far to drop in. I'll have to get out to my local dealer and harass them about when Northern Queensland will see one. At the rate which everything operates up here though I won't be holding my breath. I am not 100% sure but I'm pretty positive they only got colour tele up here last year.

What was that GT like to ride and did they have the red colour scheme? Would be interested in your thoughts.

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh my god...Is this one of the most ugliest bikes ever to see the light of day? What have they done. The first generation GT was awesome, the second gen. with that slab sided look was not good, but this thing deserves to be withdrawn and redrawn.

Cheers to all.

Paul
SA,

·
Registered
103 Posts
harrowbmw said:
Oh my god...Is this one of the most ugliest bikes ever to see the light of day? What have they done. The first generation GT was awesome, the second gen. with that slab sided look was not good, but this thing deserves to be withdrawn and redrawn.

Cheers to all.

Paul
SA,
Have to concur to a certain extent - I can't get passed the vents and the cheap looking equipment on the handle-bars.
Dave :dunno:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Guys must admit it was very nice to ride!Have a 2006 K1200S that has had the air box and software upgrades done.I do not think of myself as a K1300GT type rider,Love to hoon and speed but am seriously thinking of changing ships.I live out in the back blocks 300 Km to Melbourne and a lot of the trips I do are 300Km+.No complaints at all with the K1200S good to ride,comfortable and no faults.
Think the K1300GT looks a fair bit better that the K1200GT?Must be a personal thing??
Am presently in Port Douglas on holidays,great beer, fish, girls and wish I could stay!
cheers Andrew

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice place that Port Douglas, If you get a chance there is a lookout that has the most superb view out over 4 mile beach. Worth a look if you can drag yourself away from the girls and other distractions. The tropics are not much of a place on a road bike though especially this time of year. I hope that cyclone is not going to muck up your time there.

I sent BMW Aus an email the other day about the 1300GT and they called back yesterday advising they don't have any brochures as yet or even worse any indication on price. My dealer up here has no idea if they will even get a demo bike. You would think they are not serious about selling bikes.

Cheers

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd say it is beautiful. I don't understand what people are complaining about. It looks better then K1200GT to my taste. Love those gills! I would like to have one for long tours or when my K1200R needs a rest :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the price on the road with all the extras is $34,280 and $31,000 for the S.In Victoria(with its rip off government)A lot of money!The cyclone missed us Lot of wind and rain but not to bad.Heading south, hope you enjoy it!
cheers Andrew

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agree SABA !Hurts all right another thread on this device,a chap has lost $50K (US) on his Porsche.OUCH!.The depreciation is ghastly,every time I do this I swear it is the last.Maybe we could set up a group so we can swear off BMW and swap to something less depreciative?(is this a new word?)
cheers Andrew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts