BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Nav IV has an audio lead that terminates in a connector with multiple pins. The K1300S has no compatible wiring. I am in search of the matching connector / pigtail (and identification of the pins / wires) that will enable me to wire the Nav IV to the Autocom. I also need to know which Isolation Mixer will allow me to connect these to the Autocom. Any help or advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Garmin Support ????

I am trying to adapt the audio output plug on a Garmin Nav 4 to provide input to another device, hopefully without cutting the wires. I contacted Garmin Support with a relatively simple request. I needed a compatible connector to the one already on the Nav 4 audio output lead - or - the identification of the two wires that lead to the plug so that I can make an adapter to convert this to a 1/8" pin plug jack. In so many words, that was my request to Garmin.

Reply: "Thank you for contacting ... Garmin does not have any generic device connections or any wiring diagrams/pin configurations."

I rephrased the question. This time emphasizing the need to have the leads identified without a diagram.

Reply: "...,Garmin will not release any schematics to the general public ... does not want any untrained people working on our proprietary systems."

I rephrased my request. This time I emphasized that I did not want a schematic and that I did not want to work on the system, but wanted to make an adapter and needed the two wires identified as to polarity or as common and output. I also requested that my request be moved to the next level of service assistance.

Reply: "... I am the last level of support for the BMW devices. Once again, Garmin will not release any detailed information on wire or pin identification."

I closed the discussion with a summary of my opinion of Mr He, his support team, and Garmin corporate philosophy.

There you have it. Barry He, the service rep at Garmin at his very finest. :boom:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.