BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
147 Posts
I may be confused, but if the throttle position sensor is telling the computer that the throttle blades are at 48% and triggering the injectors for 48% throttle, AND the throttle blades are actually closed, I assume that you will have little air and a lot of fuel - rich condition. But, I am an amateur.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You can reset the TPS and IAC in the phone app of the GS-911. You just need to turn on the hotspot on your phone and have the GS-911 connect to it. Then all the cloud fu wiill be available. It is possible that the TPS has failed and needs to be replaced. I think the IAC is reacting to the bad TPS. But try the resets in the GS-911 first and look at the live data while you manipulate the throttle with the bike on but not running and then running. If you don’t see it go to zero or at least below 48%, then the next thing I’d do is replace the TPS. I had a Triumph Sprint 955 ST that did the same thing when the TPS went bad. It would suddenly idl at 3000 rpm. I’d recalibrate it and it would be OK for a couple of weeks, then it would do it again. After the 3rd recalibration if failed completely and bike would idle at 5000 rpm. Replaced it and all was good.

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,408 Posts
No fuel filter only a nylon sock on the bottom of the fuel pump. The fuel pump assembly has been recalled in USA, i suggest you take a look when all else goes negative. I think when you get fresh fuel and some cleaner through the engine it might calm down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So today I toke bike for a run off 100 miles on motorway bike goes ok but going throw fuel like anything filled tank up bike says 80 miles
When I got back put gs911 on with laptop comes back no faults so toke the injectors out to try test them best I could I connected a tube to injector full of clutch cleaner and I blow down the tube as my mate connected a battery to injector but was not getting a fine mist coming out of them more like heavy droplets but not sure if this because not getting enough pressure to them what else would control how much fuel going to injectors

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Pressure is your problem. Now that they are out, take them to a real injector shop for cleaning, calibration and new orings. You will be happy you did. They have an internal screen/filter you can not access, let the pros give you a nice fresh set back. Lube the orings before installation. They can pinch and tear.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I still say the problem is a bad TPS. If you can’t calibrate it and get it to 0% with the throttle closed it is bad and needs to be replaced. Until you fix this all you are is wasting time chasing ghosts. A bad TPS won’t necessarily throw a fault. You need to look at the status live in the GS-911 to see how it is reacting. Do the calibration in the GS-911 and see if it fixes it. Then monitor the status live and slowly roll the throttle open and see if the values hang or jump at any point. It is mots likely to happen in the first third of throttle travel. If it does either the TPS is bad and needs to be replaced. But you should be able to ride it until the part comes in. Order it from the link I provided earlier.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I still say the problem is a bad TPS. If you can’t calibrate it and get it to 0% with the throttle closed it is bad and needs to be replaced. Until you fix this all you are is wasting time chasing ghosts. A bad TPS won’t necessarily throw a fault. You need to look at the status live in the GS-911 to see how it is reacting. Do the calibration in the GS-911 and see if it fixes it. Then monitor the status live and slowly roll the throttle open and see if the values hang or jump at any point. It is mots likely to happen in the first third of throttle travel. If it does either the TPS is bad and needs to be replaced. But you should be able to ride it until the part comes in. Order it from the link I provided earlier.
The current issue was caused by running diesel compounded by a long time sitting.
The tps reading is as likely a false response due to a viscous low octane fuel remnant and schmootz left resident.

These things run like crap just getting a tank of low octane fuel in error.
Unless the tps put the diesel in.

Op howdvut run on the journey? Any bizarre erratic response issues? At any point did the bike appear to clear the detritus and diesel such as that saturating the o2 sensor a d exhaust system?

As an aside change your oil as a precaution.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So today I toke bike for a run off 100 miles on motorway bike goes ok but going throw fuel like anything filled tank up bike says 80 miles
When I got back put gs911 on with laptop comes back no faults so toke the injectors out to try test them best I could I connected a tube to injector full of clutch cleaner and I blow down the tube as my mate connected a battery to injector but was not getting a fine mist coming out of them more like heavy droplets but not sure if this because not getting enough pressure to them what else would control how much fuel going to injectors
Not even Satchmo could breath test a fuel injector. High fuel consumption a number please? At high revs thes bikes guzzle fuel from the crazy lows of 4ish l\100 to 8and higher

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So today tried to reset tps but just keeps going back to 48% does not matter what I do
So think it must be faulty going to see if there's away to test it before I order new 1

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
It is quite a job to get to it. The fuel rail and throttle bodies must be freed up as it is on the right hand end of the butterfly linkage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So today tried to reset tps but just keeps going back to 48% does not matter what I do
So think it must be faulty going to see if there's away to test it before I order new 1
There is a significant knowledge base on the gs911 forums.
I skimmed the BMW DVD manual and its all but useless.

One thing on the gs911 site that caught my eye was a post indicating that if you manually open the throttle whilst cranking it nullifies your manual reset.

Unhappy unrelated component failures do occur but I cannot imagine diesel fuel would break a component that only measures the rotation of an axle.

The gs911 real time interface also seems to hold some values static while others are dynamically fluctuating.

Snap On brand scanners collect data and pool readings along with the mechanics purported fix.
The most chosen fix being replacement of a part via the parts cannon. Misuse of the tool and false basis for diagnosis.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts