BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone who has the GT with the optional audio system please explain to me how one gets the Nav, or iPod , or radio into ones helmet?? Is the only way to hear everything with a BMW or Shuberth bluetooth helmet?? I'm really hoping there is someway to get the audio output wired to in-ear monitors.. I'm really not interested in bluetooth..

·
Registered
291 Posts
Erik, while the K-Bikes site has been my favorite BMW forum for years now I believe there's a TON more information for you to study up on at:

http://www.k1600forum.com

Since I plan to get the second year of the K16GT variant I've been a member for a few months and have learned a great deal in that short amount of time. As with the early release of the K12 & K13 bikes, there are a few glitches that BMW must deal with and rectify.

Click on the Accessories section of the K1600 Forum and specifically look for posts started by a member named RL Lemke. This fellow is extremely smart and has blazed a trail with regard to all the options of the new bike's audio system.

You'll note that RL (like myself) is not a fan of the unreliable and involved bluetooth system and still prefers wired in-ear monitors. He's just taken delivery of a pair of $750 monitors that apparently rival all others from an audio and sound (helmet) attenuation standpoint. I'm right there with him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts