BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody successfully hooked up a Garmin 660 using the BMW slot and used Autocom (or any other hard wired comms) for audio on a K1600GT?
I know it sounds like good old Luddite attitude, but I remain unconvinced of Bluetooth quality and reliability, and have read opposing opinions elsewhere as to whether the ordinary Garmin 660 will work in the Navigator 4 mounting slot.
Cheers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
vincentrapide said:
Has anybody successfully hooked up a Garmin 660 using the BMW slot and used Autocom (or any other hard wired comms) for audio on a K1600GT?
I know it sounds like good old Luddite attitude, but I remain unconvinced of Bluetooth quality and reliability, and have read opposing opinions elsewhere as to whether the ordinary Garmin 660 will work in the Navigator 4 mounting slot.
Cheers!
It will, you just won't have full integration with the controls on the bike. Check the lt forum and/or the k1600forum.com list for your Autocom question. I know I saw something posted there, just didn't pay any attention to it since I don't use the Autocom. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
vincentrapide said:
Cheers!
Absolutely yes. I'd be more than happy to help you find the best possible system.

The first question is whether or not your happy with having the bike audio share the same input priority and muting.

If so, it's relatively easy. Autocom makes two factory audio integrators. One with a switch for speakers (Autocom 2273) and one without (Autocom 2275).

You can then either pair phone to Zumo and be done. Or...

You can then either direct wire cell phone (Autocom 2194) and possible an extension -or- pair to Bluetooth dongle (Autocom BTM-02A).

As you can see there are several options. Call me, Matt, at (888) 685-9269 and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts