BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, something that will make me less afraid of canyon riding at night, a motorcycle headlight that looks around corners.

I notice the name of the bike in the video is the K1600GT and K1600GTL. The "L" must be their luxury platform?

Link to video: BMW K1600GT/L Adaptive Headlight Control

Mack

·
Registered
513 Posts
Some time ago BMW sent me a questioner on what I thought of their bikes.
My biggest bitch was about the headlights did nothing to light up the road in a turn.

Why did it take so long to get a headlight to work in a turn?
I see it is optional.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
Of course on the stock K bikes the lamp was so dim I never really noticed the turn issue and it was only after HIDing the main that I felt like I was sitting on the far end of a pendulum.

The real reason for all this is not to see around corners. EU regulations for new build vehicles (written around cars) say that HID units must be fitted with suspension compensation and on bikes there will be more than the one up/down dimension.

Another EU HID requirement for cars is that HID reflectors must have washers fitted, since HID produces far more back scatter on dirty reflectors.

Perhaps BMW will have a washer system that not only washes the headlight, but does the whole bike! :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts